I want to thank everyone who supported my campaign.
- Thank you to everyone who donated funds. You helped fund the efforts to get me re-elected.
- Thank you to everyone who endorsed me. Your kind words encouraged me.
- Thank you to everyone who helped pass out campaign literature. Your efforts got my message to the voters.
- Thank you to those who shared my message with your friends. Your participation is key to the campaign.
- Thank you to those who offered words of encouragement. You lifted my soul when I needed it.
- Thank you to those who voted for me. Your votes are so important to the re-election
While all the votes have not been counted. The current count shows I have 43.31% of the vote with my nearest competitor having 36.55%. I respect the need to count all votes and will update you all after the next report from the Office of Elections.
I am still taking donations for my campaign expenses. Since I did not take any donations from special interest groups or PACs, my campaign was mainly self financed. Once donations reach come close to the cost of the campaign, I will close the donation option.
“Lewis came to the county Board of Education four years ago with a solid education background, as a parent, a substitute teacher and longtime PTA activist who had served on the statewide board.
Since joining the board, she has provided a measured approach to charter schools and a desire to increase monitoring of their successes and failures. She also has a clear understanding of the role of county school board members and the limits to their authority.”
Advocating for and Supporting the Best Education Opportunities for all Students
It is an honor to serve as your Contra Costa County Board of Education Trustee. Area 5 boundaries have been changed since I was first elected. Area 5 encompasses Liberty High School District and Antioch Unified School District – Antioch, Oakley, Brentwood, Byron, Discovery Bay, Knightsen and Bethel Island. While I am elected by those living in those areas, I work on behalf of all students and families in Contra Costa County.
As your trustee, I will continue to:
- work diligently, collaboratively, and respectfully in my duties
- seek educational equity and excellence in our schools
- advocate for school safety and student wellbeing for all students
- raise awareness of the importance of parent, business, and community engagement
- ensure the needs of all students and families are our priority
My highest priority continues to be that all students have the best educational opportunities to achieve their goals.
I have been an active local community member for 35+ years. I have been a local volunteer and PTA leader in the schools for over 20 years.
I have work experience as an aide and substitute teacher in the Oakley School District. My life has been dedicated to serving the students in our communities.
I ask you for your vote so I can continue to serve our students and community.